Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Torture of Jesus
Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Torture of JesusAllah's Questions to Jesus
Almighty Allah asserted: And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "0 Jesus son of Mary! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?"' He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord', And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world). If you punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, Verily You, only You are the All-Mighty the All- Wise."
Allah will say: 'This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise). To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things." Surah 5: 116-120
The Jews Plot to Kill Jesus
Jesus went on with his mission until vice knew that its throne was threatening to fall. So the forces of evil accused him of magic, infringement of the Mosaic Law, allegiance with the devil; and when they saw that the poor people followed him, they began to scheme against him.
The Sanhedrin, the highest judicial and eclesiastical council of the Jews, began to meet to plot against Jesus. The plan took a new turn. When the Jews failed to stop Jesus's call, they decided to kill him. The chief priests held secret meetings to agree on the best way of getting rid of Jesus.
While they were in such a meeting, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus, Judas Iscariot, went to them and asked: "What will you give me if I deliver him to you?" Judas bargained with them until they agreed to give him thirty pieces of silver known as shekels. The plot was laid for the capture and murder of Jesus.
It was said that the high priest of the Jews tore his garment at the meeting, claiming that Jesus had denied Judaism. The tearing of clothes at that time was a sign of disgust.
The Torture of Jesus
The priests had no authority to pass the death sentence at that time, so they convinced the Roman governor that Jesus was plotting against the security of the Roman Empire and urged him to take immediate action against him. The governor ordered that Jesus be arrested.
According to the Book of Matthew, Jesus was arrested and the council of the high priests passed the death sentence upon him. Then, they began insulting him, spitting on his face and kicking him.
It was the Roman custom for the condemned to be flogged before they were executed. So Pilate, the Roman governor, ordered that Jesus be flogged. The Mosaic Law stipulates forty lashes, but the Romans had no limit, and they were brutal lashes. After that, Jesus was handed to the soldiers for crucifixion. They took off his clothes and kept them. They put a crown of thorns on his head to mock him. According to custom he carried his cross on his back to increase his suffering.
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Allah Sends the Disciples a Feast
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Allah's Message About Jesus
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Jesus Receives His Prophethood
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Jesus's Ability to Debate
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Jesus's Brings the Dead to Life
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Jesus's Crucifixion
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Jesus's Message
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Mary Returns to the City with Jesus
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Mary's Family History
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Mary's High Status
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Refutation of the Christians' Claims 1
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Refutation of the Christians' Claims 2
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Refutation of the Christians' Claims 3
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - Refutation of the Christians' Claims 4
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Birth of Mary
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Birth of Prophet Jesus (Isa)
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Miracles of Jesus
- Prophet Isa (Jesus) - The Torture of Jesus
- Aisha Stacey
- Abraham invites his father Azar (Terah or Terakh in the Bible) and nation to the Truth revealed to him from his Lord.
- An introduction to the person of Abraham and the lofty position he holds in Judaism
- and Islam alike.
- Abraham destroys the idols of his people in order to prove to them the futility of their worship.
- Abraham’s dispute with a king
- and the command of God to migrate to Canaan.
- Some accounts of Abraham’s journey to Egypt
- the birth of Ishmael